Armonk, included in the Town of North Castle, is a bucolic northeastern Westchester hamlet. What had been a mere stagecoach stop in the eighteenth century, has grown and flourished over the years to become one of the county’s most exclusive communities.
At the same time it has managed to retain a rural feeling with many of its houses sited on large tracts of land. There is a bustling village center complete with practical as well as interesting shops and a diverse assortment of interesting restaurants. Surrounding the area is a wide variety of scenic parks and country clubs.
With its handy location in close proximity to Route I-684 and the Westchester Airport, Armonk affords its residents easy accessibility to just about anywhere they want to go. This convenience has also attracted several large corporations to the area such as IBM and Swiss Re.
- Hamlet of Armonk is part of the Town of North Castle
- Local Highways: I-684, Bronx River Parkway
- Distance to NYC: 35 miles
- Area: 26 sq miles
- Population: 4,330 (2010 census)
Parking Capacity: Over 1500 spaces, metered parking is available.
- Broadway Taxi 914-949-1333
- Zipcar 1-866-4ZIPCAR
Airport: Westchester County Airport is a 10 minute drive.
Armonk’s Byram Hills School District has been awarded the National “School of Excellence” by the U. S. Department of Education and offers its students a productive student to teacher ratio in its K-12 classrooms. The schools within the district are:
- Coman Hill Elementary School (K-grade 2) 914-273-4183
- Wampus Elementary School (grades 3-5) 914-273-4190
- HC Crittenden School (grades 6-8) 914-273-4250
- Byram Hills High School (grades 9-12) 914-273-9200
- The Hackley School (PreK-grade 12) 914-366-2600
- The Masters School (grades 5-12) 914-479-6400
- Rye Country Day School (PreK-grade 12) 914-967-1417
- The Harvey School (grades 6-12) 914-232-3161
- Archbishop Stepinac High School (grades 9-12, boys) 914-946-4800
- Fordham Preparatory School (grades 9-12) 718-367-7500
- Solomon Schechter School of Westchester (K-grade 12) 914-948-3111
- St Augustine’s School (PreK-grade 8) 914-941-3849
- Kennedy Catholic High School (grades 9-12) 914-232-5061
North Castle’s residents have a choice of numerous parks in which to picnic and hike, as well as playing fields where they can enjoy tennis, basketball and baseball. Clove Park, John Lombardi Park, Wampus Brook Park and Winkler Farm Park offer wide open spaces, an occasional lake and lovely settings for all family members to pursue a myriad of outdoor activities.
Every year residents look forward to the “Fol-de-Rol”, an arts/crafts fair which offers an inspiring and creative way to join with neighbors in celebration of local talent.
Armonk Indoor Sports Center is a great way to enjoy soccer, lacrosse, fitness, and tennis in wintertime.
North Castle Recreation offers year round activities for both children and adults.
North Castle Library is open to all residents. Regular readings and plays are held, and all are welcome to participate in various book discussions and a film club.
The Town of Armonk is filled with the most stylish boutique stores and restaurants.
Armonk’s Restaurants include The Beehive, Kira Sushi (people from all over Westchester frequent Kira Sushi), Broadway North Pizzeria, Amore Pizzeria & Italian Kitchen, Bagel Emporium (greatest bagels in Westchester), and many more.
The boutiques offer a wide arrangement of antiques, designer wear, children’s wear, stylish shoes, handbags, electronics, etc.
Market profiles are prepared in collaboration with real estate agents who either live or work in the town they write about.