Along the banks of the Bronx River, only fifteen miles from Manhattan, lies one of the nation’s most beautiful villages - Bronxville.
From its mid-seventeenth century beginnings, Bronxville has had the reputation of being “exclusive.” Today, its English-style architecture, tree-lined streets and elegant mansions have made it the choice of many Wall Street and Madison Avenue executives, show business luminaries as well as regular people who find it a congenial place to live. At the intersection of two wide and gracious boulevards, Midland Avenue and Pondfield Road, the one-mile square village has an array of boutiques and shops offering exquisite merchandise.Bronxville schools are noted for their high quality.
Although the average price of a single family house is approximately $1.7 million, Bronxville also has more affordable housing in co-op apartment buildings and small, but equally charming, cottages. For more information, please visit the Bronxville Chamber of Commerce and the Town of Eastchester.
- Village of Bronxville in the Town of Eastchester
- Local Highways: Bronx River Parkway
- Distance to NYC: 15 miles
- Area: 1 sq miles
- Population: 6,323 (2010 census)
Commuters from Bronxville can reach Grand Central Station in 27 minutes on the Harlem line of Metro North Railroad. The Bronxville Train Station is located at 1 Depot Plaza, northbound or Parkway Road, southbound.
Station parking: Bronxville Garage: commuter capacity: 86 cars. Call 914-337-7600 for information on permit parking. No meter parking is available.
Airport: Westchester County Airport is a 30 minute drive.
Bronxville is serviced by the Bronxville School District:
- Bronxville Elementary School (K-grade 5) 914-395-0500
- Bronxville Middle School (grades 6-8) 914-395-0500
- Bronxville High School (grades 9-12) 914-395-0500
For a full school report on Bronxville schools, please visit New York State Education Department.
- Ethical Culture Fieldston Lower School (PreK-grade 5) 718-329-7300
- Ethical Culture Fieldston Middle School (grades 6-8) 718-329-7300
- Ethical Culture Fieldston Upper School (grades 9-12) 718-329-7300
- The Hackley School (PreK-grade 12) 914-366-2600
- Rye Country Day School (PreK-grade 12) 914-967-1417
- The Horace Mann School (PreK-grade 12) 718-432-4000
- The Masters School (PreK-grade 12) 914-479-6400
- Archbishop Stepinac High School (grades 9-12 boys) 914-946-4800
- Solomon Schechter School of Westchester (K-grade 12) 914-948-3111
- Ursuline School (grades 6-12, girls) 914-636-3950
- Iona Preparatory Lower School (PreK-grade 8, boys) 914-632-0714
- Iona Preparatory Upper School (grades 9-12, boys) 914-632-0714
- Westchester Day School (PreK-grade 8) 914-698-8900
- SAR Early Learning Center (age 2 through K) 718-548-1717
- SAR Academy Lower School (grades 1-5) 718-548-1717
- SAR Academy Middle School (grades 6-8) 718-548-1717
- SAR Academy High School (grades 9-12) 718-548-2727
Bronxville has numerous small parks which offer beautifully landscaped “green space” such as the Bicentennial Park. Some have playgrounds for younger children and others, ball fields. The 21 acre River Lake Park and The Meadow on the banks of the Bronx River has lovely walking trails. The Bronxville School Track, also used by the Bronxville Schools, has playing fields the public can use when not in use by the school. Five municipal tennis courts are available at Dogwood Park. Click here to learn more.
Bronxville residents have the use of Eastchester’s Lake Isle Park, a 116-acre park with a championship 18-hole golf course, five pools, and six Har-Tru tennis courts.
The Bronxville Library, housed in a classical Georgian-style structure on one of Bronxville’s Four Corners celebrates its centennial this year. The Library has an art gallery, lovely reading rooms, an extensive collection of local history and special events with guest authors and artists.
The Siwanoy Country Club was the home of the first PGA Championship held in 1916. When Joseph Kennedy lived in Bronxville he was a member. Today is features an 18-hole golf course and swimming pool.
The Westchester Mall is 20 minutes away in White Plains (Bloomingdales, Nordstrom’s, Nieman Marcus)
Market profiles are prepared in collaboration with real estate agents who either live or work in the town they write about.