Once upon a time, before selfies, tic toc and reality shows, the real estate market quieted down during the holiday season. Well, I’m here to tell you that this is not the case. Just yesterday, our team had an accepted offer in Scarsdale. Later today, I’ll be on a listing presentation in Ossining. One of my referring agents is hosting an open house in Forest Hills this afternoon. The market is still very much in play and now is not the time to lay back for both sellers and buyers.
Speaking of sellers, here’s a few thoughts and guidelines that you might want to think about during the next few weeks.
1. Keep your home warm- buyers should feel an instant wave of heat and feeling of comfort, a cold home could distract them and raise concerns.
2. Keep an eye on the weather forecast and if there are upcoming storms and hazardous conditions, reschedule for the next weekend.
3. The smell of fresh baked cookies, bread, muffins, pies, and pastries is an instant mood enhancer so get that oven pre-heated!
4. Not everyone loves holiday tunes but softly playing music (instrumentals) are a safe bet.
5. SNOW-ICE- they are coming so make sure all walkways, steps and driveways are thoroughly shoveled and salted
6. No need to be overzealous with holiday gifts, decorations, and themes- less is more when dealing with the general population especially regarding religious themes.
7. As hard as it is during the holidays, keep everything decluttered and sparkling.
Serious buyers continue to shop and make decisions 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Your competition may decide to snooze, don’t you! We call that a competitive edge.
Reach out directly if you are looking to buy or sell and have a safe, healthy, sparkly and loving holiday season.
“As a dual agent, Scott exhibited the utmost professionalism; I’ve worked with other dual agents in the past and can say that Scott handled the deal like a true pro. Beyond doing things by the book, his actions foster trust, and his approach is expertly tailored to the needs of his clients.”